Pinnacle RE-Tec specialises in the pump repairs and reverse engineering of rotating equipment, our partner company’s expertise is in new manufacture and repair of white metal bearings. We are leaders in the market of independent service, repair and manufacture all varieties of large industrial pumps, spare parts and white metal bearings. All the work is done in our well-equipped machine and service shops. We are at an exciting point in our development and this is a new position in the sales team which has arisen due to considerable growth.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Sales Director and will be involved in selling our products and services to industry, mainly in central and north England. The principal functions of the role will be maintaining existing customer relationships, developing new business and following up on lapsed customers. A large part of the job will rely on the candidate visiting customers’ sites in order to build and improve relationships and to identify business opportunities. The role is to be the first port of call for customers and then to work closely with the Consett based engineering and sales support team to quote, actively follow up and win the business.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can successfully manage a large geographical area and number of customers. A technical understanding of pumps and/or white metal bearings would be an advantage but is not essential. Of more importance is the ability to grow your customer base through regular and effective contact with key contacts.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Regularly visiting clients on site to maintain and grow existing business
- Generating and following up quotations
- Undertaking new customer research and prospecting for new business
- Full UK driving licence
- 2+ years in a sales engineering role
- Must have a keen interest in engineering
- Demonstrable track record of winning new business and building long-term relationships with customers
- Knowledge of an engineering sector would be beneficial (mechanical engineering in particular)
- A personable and engaging personality is a must.
Salary: Competitive and negotiable
37 Hours per week:
Pension: 3% Company contribution
Car Allowance: Negotiable