Reporting To: Engineering Department Manager
The company is based in Consett, County Durham and specialises in the reverse engineering of rotating equipment. We service and repair all varieties of large industrial pumps; spare parts are manufactured in our own machine shop via reverse engineering. We are at an exciting point in our development and this is a new position in the engineering team which has arisen due to considerable growth.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Engineering Department Manager whilst supporting a busy production team and must have proven experience in 3D scanning including converting scanned point clouds/data into usable Solidworks models, extensive surface modelling experience for 3D modelling complex components, using a portable CMM (Faro Arm or other) and/or 3D scanning technology.
This position plays a pivotal role in producing technical solutions to complex engineering projects, the main focus being on providing a full reverse engineering package for parts; it is therefore desirable that the candidate has experience in this area. Strong attention to detail is required, along with the ability to work to tight timescales and stringent standards without compromising on quality or cost. Some overseas and UK travel may be required for short periods.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Use 3D scanning technology to create 3D CAD models from sample parts
- Use portable CMM (Faro Arm) to create 3D models
- Use Solidworks software to produce models
- Refining 3D models in the product range
- Follow company processes and procedures
- Excellent 2D and 3D design skills with experience of Solidworks
- Experience of using a CMM, Faro Arm or similar and/or 3D scanning technology
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Proven ability to execute and deliver projects within specific time frames
- Ability to work within a team with initiative and minimum supervision
- Salary: Competitive and negotiable
- Hours: 37 Hours per week: 07:30 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday | 07:30 – 12:30 Friday.
- Pension: 3% Company contribution