Reporting to: Quality Manager
The company is based in Consett, County Durham and specialises in the reverse engineering of rotating equipment. We service and repair all varieties of large industrial pumps; spare parts are manufactured in our own machine shop via reverse engineering. We are at an exciting point in our development and this is a new position in the Quality Department which has arisen due to internal promotion.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Quality Manager
- Perform QA/QC inspections from Goods Inwards and on finished goods to ensure quality standards are maintained / achieved.
- Must be proficient in the use of all manual inspection methods and tools along with the use of CMM machines and FARO arm.
- Ensure that all documentation adheres to the company’s quality system standards, and ISO9001:2015
- Identify and report any issues in accordance with company procedures (nonconforming product identification).
- Dealing with non-conformances; raising and investigating along with the wider team.
- Ensure all QA/QC requirements are covered as detailed on customer PO.
- Ensure parts manufacture and service work inspections are completed in the correct priority sequence meeting build deadlines.
- Experience of working with ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System
- Engineering/Manufacturing background, experience with pumps/rotating equipment would be advantageous (typical tolerancing to 0.0005” / 0.01mm)
- Proficient in the use of micrometres, verniers and other hand measuring tools in both imperial and metric.
- Digital measuring experience would be an advantage (CMM, FARO arm, Digital scanning inspection).
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP system
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Very well organised with good time-management skills
- Methodical approach
- Team orientated
- Salary: £24,272
- Hours: Monday to Thursday – 7.30am to 4pm | Friday – 7.30am to 12.30pm
- Pension: 3% Company contribution