Reporting to: Quality Manager
The company is based in Consett, County Durham and specialises in the reverse engineering of rotating equipment. We service and repair all varieties of large industrial pumps; spare parts are manufactured in our own machine shop via reverse engineering. We are at an exciting point in our development and this is a new position in the Quality Department which has arisen due to internal promotion.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Quality Manager
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform QA/QC inspections from Goods Inwards and on finished goods to ensure quality standards are maintained / achieved.
- Ensure that all documentation adheres to the company’s quality system standards, and ISO9001:2015
- Identify and report any issues in accordance with company procedures (non-conforming product identification).
- Dealing with non-conformances; raising and investigating along with the wider team.
- Ensure all QA/QC requirements are covered as detailed on customer PO.
- Ensure parts manufacture and service work inspections are completed in the correct priority sequence meeting build deadlines.
- Experience of working with ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System
- Engineering/Manufacturing background, experience with pumps/rotating equipment would be advantageous (typical tolerancing to 0.0005” / 0.01mm)
- Proficient in the use of micrometres, verniers and other hand measuring tools in both imperial and metric.
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Very well organised with good time-management skills
- Methodical approach
- Team orientated
- Salary: £24,272
- Hours: Monday to Thursday – 7.30am to 4pm | Friday – 7.30am to 12.30pm
- Pension: 3% Company contribution