The company is based in Consett, County Durham and specialises in the reverse engineering of rotating equipment. We service and repair all varieties of large industrial pumps; spare parts are manufactured in our own machine shop via reverse engineering. The position of Pump Repair Shop Supervisor has become available, which requires the right person to assist in the growth and continued success of the Service Department.
The Pump Repair Shop Supervisor (60% hands-on/40% office) reports directly to the Service Manager and is responsible for the supervision of a small team of service engineers in the disassembly, inspection, reporting and repair/re-assembly of various pieces of rotating equipment that includes main boiler feed pumps, vertical pit pumps, split case pumps and rotating elements.
This role is as a working supervisor so in addition to hands on stripping, inspection and assembly of pumps and other equipment, the candidate will be responsible for timekeeping and day-to-day supervision of the rest of the service team. The Pump Repair Shop Supervisor is further responsible for ordering and organising any spares as detailed on the bill of materials and sales order and ensuring that these parts are available in good time.
A great variety of equipment passes through the service department from a worldwide customer base, so good team management and product knowledge is essential to achieve the best results in a growing business. Ideally from an OEM pump service background, the successful candidate will be a time served Engineer with relevant supervisory experience and a proven track record in the rotating equipment industry.
- To ensure safe working practices are adhered to and assist in the improvement of safe processes.
- Timely planning, disassembly, inspection, reporting and repair of equipment to pre-determined deadlines.
- Identification, sourcing and procurement of spares, consumables and tooling.
- Generation of reports to company standards to meet with customer expectations.
- Produce work to the highest quality standard to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Work within British Standards/Industry standards.
- Support internal teams and functions to enable efficient running of the business.
- To take part in specialist or multi-disciplinary team activities.
- To behave in a professional and discreet manner at all times when dealing with customers, suppliers and colleagues, either on site or during offsite duties.
- Flexible approach to tasks
- Experienced in servicing / management / assembly of pumps and rotating equipment
- PC Literate (Microsoft Office tools)
- Salary: Competitive / Negotiable
- Hours: 37 (07:30 – 16:00 Monday -Thursday & 07:30 – 12:30 Friday)
- Overtime rate applicable
- Company contribution pension