The company is based in Consett, County Durham and specialises in the reverse engineering of rotating equipment. We service and repair all variety of pumps to blue chip customers in the UK and abroad; from multi-stage, high-pressure units to small, over-hung end suction pumps. We are at an exciting point in our development and, due to considerable growth, require two fitters to work at our client’s site.
This role is for a period of 6-12 months and is to be based at our client’s site in Barrow-in-Furness. The candidate must have previous on-site experience and be competent at installing and removing pumps, changing out mechanical seals, bearings etc, on-site whilst the pump is in-situ. The Company will pay all accommodation costs (local hotel).
Ideally from a service background, the successful candidate will be a time-served engineer with a proven track record in the rotating equipment industry.
- Timely disassembly, inspection and repair of equipment to pre-determined deadlines.
- Produce work to the highest standard to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Assisting in the generation of reports to company standards to meet with customer expectations.
- Work within industry standards as per company procedures.
- Support internal teams to get to the root cause of specific issues.
- To take part in specialist or multi-disciplinary team activities.
- Time-served fitter/engineer.
- Experienced in servicing/ fitting/assembly of pumps and rotating equipment.
- Experienced in working on sites under the direction of the site supervisor
- Flexible approach to tasks and availability for overtime when required.
- Honest and reliable.