Reporting To: Sales Director
The company is based in Consett, County Durham and specialises in the reverse engineering of rotating equipment. We service and repair all varieties of large industrial pumps; spare parts are manufactured in our own machine shop via reverse engineering. We are at an exciting point in our development and this is a new position in the estimating department which has arisen due to considerable growth.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Sales Director whilst supporting a busy production team. Ideally with a background in machining and with experience of calculating time spent on tasks within a machine shop.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Calculate job costs
- Utilise sketches and drawings to determine task times in a conventional machine shop
- Source material and subcontract prices
- Interpret detailed repair plans to estimate the costs of service/repair jobs
- Collate all the above into complete repair quotes and draft quotation to the customer
- Maintain records of calculations in a database
- Utilise same database to improve efficiency
- Fully committed to Quality, Cost and Delivery
- An accurate and flexible approach to all matters
- Unflappable and cool during busy periods
- Proficient in Excel and Word with experience of ERP systems
- Ability to work within a small but multi-disciplined team
- Robust and determined
- Mechanical Engineering background
- Salary: £ negotiable dependent on experience
- 37 Hours per week 07:30 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday | 07:30 – 12:30 Friday.
- Pension: Company contribution
- Holidays 25 days per year, plus bank holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Radius Allowance payable based on commute to work miles