The company is based in Consett, County Durham and specialises in the reverse engineering of rotating equipment. We service and repair all variety of pumps to blue chip customers in the UK and abroad; from multi-stage, high pressure units to small, over-hung end suction pumps. We are at an exciting point in our development and, due to considerable growth, require a Turner to join our busy machining team.
The Turner reports directly to the Machine Shop Supervisor and is responsible for the production of components from drawings, using Puma CNC machines. Working with tolerances up to 0.02mm, the suitable applicant must be fully conversant in both metric and imperial measurements. The successful candidate will work as part of a small team which sees a great variety of components pass through the Machine Shop, so good teamwork and machining capability is essential to achieve the best results in a growing business. The successful candidate will be a time served Machinist.
Key Skills and Experience
- Time-served CNC Turner with experience of Fanuc programming is essential
- Experience on Puma machine would be an advantage
- Timely production of parts to pre-determined deadlines.
- Produce work to the highest quality standard to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Work within British Standards as per company procedures.
- Support internal teams to get to the root cause of specific issues.
- To take part in specialist or multi-disciplinary team activities.
- To behave in a professional manner at all times when dealing with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Flexible approach to tasks
- Time served machinist
- Salary: £25,300
- 37 Hours per week, 07:30 -16:00 Monday – Thursday & 07:30-12:30 Friday.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Overtime Rate Applicable
- Cycle to Work Scheme